[Xymon] SSL Certs on servers with multiple virtualhosts

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 6 22:44:39 CEST 2013

On 06-08-2013 22:26, John D. Alexander wrote:
> Given that s_client is rudimentary and actually pretty old, it might
> be a thing to do the tests using curl instead of openssl.  Curl
> reports the proper certificates.
>
> Wonder how much work it would be to use curl instead of openssl.
> Does anyone know what drives the http tests?  I'm not a programming
> guy, but know folks who are.

Xymon uses OpenSSL, but only the library - not the s_client tool (or any
other external tool).

Supporting SNI in the Xymon tests should be a fairly simple change,
though. The attached changed to Xymon 4.3.12 should do it - I would
appreciate it if you could try it out, since I don't have the necessary
test setup to really test it. Just save the attached file, then go to
your xymon-4.3.12 directory and run
	cat /tmp/xymon-snisupport.patch | patch -p0
then run "make" and "make install" again.

BTW, s_client does support SNI - you just need to specify the name with
the "-servername NAME" option.