[Xymon] xymon mail service

Andrey Chervonets A.Chervonets at cominder.eu
Wed Apr 24 16:53:20 CEST 2013

I have never used the postfix, but per postfix authors words " It is ....
mail server that started life....  as an alternative to the widely-used
Sendmail program."
So this should work.

Just try to test if You can send e-mail from OS with mail (or other)
program then this should work.
echo " test body"  | mail -s " test subject "  yourmail at yourdomain.com

I suppose XyMon Server just tries to send mail using OS tools (like mail)
or using direct communication over local 25 port.

Just try and check XyMon logs for any problem.

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets
SIA CoMinder
http://www.cominder.eu/