[Xymon] [xymon]use "Files" status for noob

Mike Burger Mike.Burger at FreedomMortgage.com
Fri Apr 5 21:11:35 CEST 2013

This would be inaccurate. You can (and I do) use specific hosts in the client-local.cfg.

If you're going to monitor a specific log on a specific system, you can use:

[hostname] (as it appears in hosts.cfg)
file:/path/to/file
log:/var/log/messages:1024 (Or whatever the default syslog is for your installation)

The first line monitors for the presence of the file in question, the second line replicates the default syslog for your OS. This second line is necessary if you wish to monitor that log, as specifying a particular host in the client-local.cfg will supercede any OS specific settings.

--
Mike Burger
AIX Administrator

Phone (317) 537-3680, Fax (317) 537-4680, Cell (317) 797-2040
E-mail:  Mike.Burger at FreedomMortgage.com
"Once word leaks out that a pirate's gone soft, people begin to disobey you and then it's nothing but work, work, work, all the time." --Westley/The Dread Pirate Roberts