[Xymon] [xymon]use "Files" status for noob

diffusion at bulot-fr.com diffusion at bulot-fr.com
Thu Apr 4 19:43:26 CEST 2013

Hello,

I ask help for Xymon 4.3.0-0.beta2 (native package  for
Debian/Squeeze=stable)

Sorry for this question, but i don't understand howto use 'files'
status, someone can help me howto use (in French ?)

My File check stay "clear"

For example I just want to see if one file is present (later, i
will check if some data are inside file)

Where i am now :
- xymon srv = supervision.toto.com
- client to monitoring : adama59.toto.com

On srv :

in /etc/hobbit/hobbit-clients.cfg

HOST=adama59.toto.com
        FILE /etc/awstats/update_stats.sh "red" TYPE=file

in /etc/hobbit/client-local.cfg
[adama59.toto.com]
 log:/var/log/messages:10240
 ignore MARK
 log:/var/log/mail.log
 log:/etc/awstats/update_stats.sh

I suppose i have to do something on the client ? but what  ?