[Xymon] xymon-mailack

Ray Reuter ray.reuter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:51:56 CEST 2012

I have created the .procmailrc file it looks like this. The file is in
/home/xymon 755 permissions and owned by xymon:xymon I tried the ownership
as root as well.

DEFAULT=$HOME/Mailbox
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
:0
| $HOME/server/bin/xymon-mailack --env=/home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg

When I run it on the CLI using this command

./xymon-mailack --env=/home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg --debug

I get nothing, it just returns an empty line, and sits there. I must be
missing something. I had it working at a previous employer but the Linux
guru there got it working for me. I do not have one of them here to lend a
hand.

I do not see the procmail.log file nor the Mailbox directory the man pages
refer to. I may be completely missing something simple here or better yet
something like promail is not installed. I do get the alerts via email from
the system so that is working.

Again thank you for all the help.