[Xymon] Monitoring of ESX5i servers

Jamison Maxwell jamison at newasterisk.com
Mon Sep 24 02:09:56 CEST 2012

I'm running the ESX monitor form http://www.it-eckert.de and there a lot of things that I like about it.  As I'm sure most are doing, I monitor my VM's with the full Xymon client to pull back all the data; this application adds another 3 tests for your VM's.  Vcpu, Vmem, and Vstatus, which I have mixed feelings about.  It is however, nice to see what kind of resources you're using on your hypervisor per VM.

I had some install issues, which lead to my face hitting my palm, and I was able to get support for it from Thomas Eckert.  He was even willing to SSH to my machine and look around, which is a big deal in my book.  All in all, I really like it.  It does a great job monitoring my ESX hosts and my Vcenter install.  I have no complaints.

Jamison Maxwell
Jamison at newasterisk.com