[Xymon] Historical, but no actual status?

Husemann, Harald Harald.Husemann at materna.de
Tue Sep 18 17:03:02 CEST 2012

Hello Xymon-users,

I hope someone can shed some light on this weird problem:
I have a Hobbit server (Hobbit 4.2.0) monitoring a lot of clients
without any problem.
But, for some clients, I don't get an actual status for all columns
reported by the agent, e.g. cpu, procs and msgs, only the net-based
tests are showing up for these.
When I call bb-hostsvc.sh for such a service, I get the usual error page
("status not available").
But, looking on the system, the clients send normal reports, I've
snooped on the network layer and used the --dbghost parameter for
hobbitd to get the report in tmp/ - to me, it seems to be okay, but it's
still not shown.
Even more weird, the RRD graphs for all these columns *are* present on
the trends page, and I can get a historical status for each of them -
but no actual...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

and have a nice hackin',

Harald
--
Harald Husemann
Netzwerk- und Systemadministrator

Westfalendamm 98
44141 Dortmund

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Winfried Materna, Helmut an de Meulen, Ralph Hartwig
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 5839

Tel: +49 231 9505 222
Fax: +49 231 9505 100
www.annyway.com <http://www.annyway.com/>