[Xymon] linux boot hangs on xymon start if networking is not available

Jones, Elizabeth Ejones at egov.com
Sat Sep 15 00:29:42 CEST 2012

Has anyone encountered this situation? We have running both Redhat and OEL linux  5 and 6 on vmware, and we noticed that if networking doesn't start up on boot, the xymon start up will end up hanging the boot. We are starting it at the very end of starting everything else on the server, at the end of /etc/rc.local. But it was also happening when we were trying to start it as a service.

Elizabeth Jones
Unix Administrator - NIC, Inc.
25501 West Valley Parkway, Suite 300, Olathe, KS 66061
email: ejones at egov.com<mailto:ejones at egov.com>