[Xymon] Xymon tests - changing case?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:38:03 CEST 2012

I've just been through a couple rounds of changing the *case* of
tests. Xymon seems to have an odd mix of case-insensitivity and
case-sensitivity.

If you create a test named MYTEST and decide later that it should be
MyTest - it is rather hard to change. I am not sure if all these steps
are necessary but I ended up doing this :
a) rename the test to some temporary name (to keep it alive)
b) drop the test
c) turn xymon off
d) blow away all references to the test in files in data/hist
e) name the test to the new case
f) restart xymon
g) drop the temporary test name

(I started with all lower-case test names. Lost that fight. Plus, it's
kinda nice that naming a test with a capital letter keeps it prominent
on the left)