[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.10 released - bugfixes and inode checks

Johan Sjöberg Johan.Sjoberg at deltamanagement.se
Tue Oct 16 14:55:44 CEST 2012

Hi

I wanted to upgrade the client on a Debian (Squeeze) machine, to get inode monitoring. I uninstalled the official xymon-client package, and installed the deb package from sourceforge. It seems like there is some problem with config files, or the parsing of them. I set the xymon servers setting during the packages installation, and this was correctly set in /etc/default/xymon-client, but when I started the client using the "/debian/xymon-client.init" from the source tarball (shouldn't this init script be included in the deb?), the client just tries to connect to itself. After manually setting the XYMSRV variable to 0.0.0.0 and the XYMSERVRS variable to the correct servers, in /etc/xymon/xymonclient.cfg, the client is able to report to the servers.
Shouldn't it be enough to just set the servers during install (or in /etc/default/xymon-client), or am I doing something wrong? Another thing that I was curious about is how the files in /var/run/xymon are generated, and what their purpose is.

/Johan