[Xymon] New xymon Feature

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Oct 12 08:35:16 CEST 2012

On 11 October 2012 20:52, <jef.jagers at thomsonreuters.com> wrote:

> This because we successfully made some adjustments to the source code of
> that version to allow two new columns to show for linux based servers (For
> windows machines this is already implemented). It concerns the Timediff and
> uptime columns, that we split from the cpu column.

What you could do is implement this in a script, perhaps launched from
tasks.cfg as a channel worker.  Something like this:

tasks.cfg:
[timediff]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
        NEEDS xymond
        CMD xymond_channel --channel=status --filter='\|cpu\|'
--log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/timediff.log timediff.sh

Then in timediff.sh, you just split out the two parameters from what you
find, and then create two new status messages for timediff and uptime.