[Xymon] Xymon status does not get updated

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Oct 12 07:48:19 CEST 2012

On 11 October 2012 20:08, Yanni <y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:

> 2 days ago I updated xymon to the latest version:4.3.10 and for some
> reason unknown to me xymond stopped updating the hosts.cfg file.
>
> Please see xymongen.log below:
>
> 2012-10-10 16:53:58 ->  Recipient '193.61.54.144', timeout 15

What is this server?  If this is your Xymon server, then what we have here
is a failure to communicate.  Given that there was a timeout (rather than a
rejected connection) I suspect a firewall or packet filter is dropping the
packets, or perhaps a routing problem.  Try to telnet to this IP address
from your Xymon server, and if that doesn't work, you know it's unlikely to
be a Xymon problem.

Aside from that, I'm confused.  Why would Xymon modify the hosts.cfg file?
Isn't that supposed to be edited by a human?