[Xymon] Combining Macros in alerts.cfg EXHOST?

Betsy Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:16:13 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Jeremy Laidman
<jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au> wrote:
>    $NOPAGE=(^.*eng|^netmon2).example.com
>    $VIP=(^web|^ftp|^mail-relay).example.com|web-vip|mail-vip
>    HOST=* EXHOST=%($NOPAGE|$VIP) ...

OK that does work thank you!!

(funny, that's what I thought I'd tested FIRST... maybe there was a
second error that I created and eliminated along the way. My eyes are
starting to glaze over with this rewrite, but I've gotten the
alerts.cfg down to 81 active lines from 133.... and that includes
several new additions)