[Xymon] MAPÉ - Monitoring App Page Extension

Cami Sardinha cami at hack.co.za
Tue Nov 27 21:24:12 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Cami Sardinha <cami at hack.co.za> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Galen Johnson <Galen.Johnson at sas.com>wrote:

That is one of the issues currently. We have thousands of hosts currently
> and things can spiral quite quickly.
>

>> That said, I find the mind map view that you've chosen to be interesting.
>>  It could also be a heat map view like http://finviz.com/map.ashx (I
>> kinda prefer this due to it's simplicity).
>>

> We have our "heatmap" version coming in Stage 2 (Zoomable Pack Extension
> on the Roadmap). While we have it working in production, it does need to be
> polished up a bit. The managers seem to love it since you can quickly spot
> issues and drill down directly to the root cause.

We're planning for a release tomorrow as everything looks on track. Just to
give you an idea of the type of heatmap we're going for, I've uploaded some
screenshots of it in production. The colors can be changed, its quite harsh
on the eyes at the moment but you get a fairly good idea of where its
headed: http://mape.hack.co.za/?page_id=38

Feel free to fire off any comments

Regards,
Cami