[Xymon] Summary of which tests run from client / server?

Shannon Anderson sanderson at CORNETSER.com
Wed Nov 14 17:36:06 CET 2012

Any test you place under host.cfg on xymon server is considered an server side test... anything dropped in analizses.cfg would be looking at data sent from client system(agent).

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Mills, David (IS)
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:18 AM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] Summary of which tests run from client / server?

All -

Sorry for my newbie question, but is there a summary of the default tests for a host, and whether they are run from the client side or the server side?

For example, we added a host to our config in hosts.cfg, but forgot to turn on the client scripts. Yet, "conn", "ssh", "ntp", etc. still appeared as monitored.

Thanks!

david
David Mills
Systems Administrator