[Xymon] Using "IGNORE" to exclude filesystems

Mike Burger Mike.Burger at FreedomMortgage.com
Fri Nov 9 14:17:16 CET 2012

Tim's method worked...although I took it a step further, and changed
both brackets to [0-9] (i.e. [0-9][0-9]) in order to cover future
filesystem additions in that vein.

I also took the suggestion of 101 101 instead of IGNORE. If my boss
decides he doesn't want to see them in the list or the graphs for them,
I'll change it to IGNORE, but for now, I think I like the idea of having
them displayed.

Thanks, all...very much appreciated.

From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf
Of Adam Goryachev
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:32 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Using "IGNORE" to exclude filesystems

On 09/11/12 10:21, Mike Burger wrote:

	On Nov 8, 2012, at 5:24 PM, "Tim McCloskey" <tm at freedom.com>
wrote:

		HOST=edmprod

		        DISK    %^/(da[0-2][0-7]|someotherpattern)
IGNORE

		        DISK    * 95 98

I don't think that would work, you would need something like:

HOST=edmprod

        DISK    %^/(da[0-1][0-9]|da2[0-7]) IGNORE

        DISK    * 95 98

I'm not sure about the IGNORE or the 101 102 methods...

Also....

	The hostname of the system is "edmprod" and the filesystems are
/da01 thru /da27.

	The stanza I've tried to use is:

	       DISK %^\/da* IGNORE

I think this would need to be:
       DISK %^\/da.* IGNORE

Otherwise, you are matching 0 or more of the letter a, while you really
want 1 or more of any character (well, really digit)
       DISK %^\/da[0-9]+ IGNORE

PS, all the above is untested, and just based on normal regular
expressions, plus any possible typo etc...

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including all attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, alteration or
distribution is strictly prohibited and may violate state or federal law. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail,
delete this email and destroy all copies of the message.