[Xymon] Using "IGNORE" to exclude filesystems

Fri Nov 9 00:32:11 CET 2012

On 09/11/12 10:21, Mike Burger wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2012, at 5:24 PM, "Tim McCloskey" <tm at freedom.com
> <mailto:tm at freedom.com>> wrote:
>
>> HOST=edmprod
>>         DISK    %^/(da[0-2][0-7]|someotherpattern) IGNORE
>>         DISK    * 95 98

I don't think that would work, you would need something like:
HOST=edmprod
        DISK    %^/(da[0-1][0-9]|da2[0-7]) IGNORE
        DISK    * 95 98

I'm not sure about the IGNORE or the 101 102 methods...

Also....

>> The hostname of the system is "edmprod" and the filesystems are /da01
>> thru /da27.
>>

>> The stanza I've tried to use is:
>>

>>        DISK %^\/da* IGNORE
I think this would need to be:
       DISK %^\/da.* IGNORE

Otherwise, you are matching 0 or more of the letter a, while you really
want 1 or more of any character (well, really digit)
       DISK %^\/da[0-9]+ IGNORE

PS, all the above is untested, and just based on normal regular
expressions, plus any possible typo etc...

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev