[Xymon] Xymonproxy on HA setup

Heather Keen keenha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 11:57:26 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a xymonproxy running on a HA platform - two servers running HA and
providing virtual gateway IPs to a subnets beneath.  The xymon clients talk
to the xymonproxy on the virtual IPs, and thus the xymonproxy is only ever
running on one of the HA servers at any time.

My problem is, the xymonproxy reports two columns, xymonproxy and xymonnet,
 back to my main xymon server.  And that's fine for the active HA server,
but for the non active HA server those columns will go purple (assuming
that the HA does at some point fail over, so both servers will have
reported these columns at some time).

Does anyone have any idea how can I either: a) stop these columns from
being reported  OR  b) configure them not to go purple  ??

Heather