[Xymon] One client alerts and a (seemingly) identical client doesn't.

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon May 28 06:43:38 CEST 2012

Check out the "msgs" column and make sure that its showing recent log
entries from the logfile.

Have a look at /tmp/logfetch.*.cfg on each client.  This should be a single
file named after the client's hostname.  The contents will show the client
what it needs to send back (which file and how much).  This file is
retrieved from the Xymon server, and so will change (after 10-15 minutes)
if you modify the relevant LOG entries on the Xymon server's analysis.cfg
file.

Also have a look at /tmp/logfetch.*.status.  Look at the timestamp to see
if it's being updated.  Check the permissions to ensure it can be updated
by Xymon.  Look at the contents of this (text) file to see if it's looking
at the correct file.