[Xymon] SMS alerts

sofronie emil sofronie_emil at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 06:26:16 CEST 2012

Hello,

I just enable the SMS alerts for a SERVICE but seems that something it's not ok because I get the alert even when the SERVICE it's GREEN. If I add the option REPEAT=5m I get the SMS every 5 minutes even if the services it's ok.

SCRIPT  /home/xymon/server/bin/sms/sms.sh SERVICE=instance_demo  COLOR=red

or
SCRIPT  /home/xymon/server/bin/sms/sms.sh SERVICE=instance_demo  COLOR=red  REPEAT=5m

I was not able to use $RCPT "$BBALPHAMSG"     inside the script  /home/xymon/server/bin/sms/sms.sh. Seems that the these variables has not been exported at the run time.

./sendsms.sh $RCPT "$BBALPHAMSG" .

The email alert it's working properly for the same service.

MAIL xxx at xxx.com.au SERVICE=instance_demo REPEAT=1m RECOVERED

Thanks
Constantin