[Xymon] a mystery

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue May 15 17:56:45 CEST 2012

> I was having trouble with xymond_alert not sending out all of the emails
> that it should, it was only doing maybe a quarter of the messages. I
> checked the alerts.cfg file and didn't find anything. Then I set the
> --debug flag for xymond_alert and things started working again. I've
> removed the --debug flag and things are still working correctly. Any ideas
> on what could have been going wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
> Larry Barber

First question I guess would be trying to figure out if restarting the
process itself fixed it, or if --debug did something. Also, how heavy is
the alert volume?

I'd start with considering increasing the buffer size, and also check out
the alerts checkpoint file (in $XYMONTMP, I think?) and see if there are
any clues with that -- perms, size, etc.

HTH,

-jc