[Xymon] Replace test with script?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue May 15 15:00:52 CEST 2012

On 14-05-2012 16:04, John Horne wrote:
> Using Xymon 4.3.7 does anyone know if it is possible to replace a
> xymonnet test with a local test of the same name? I want to replace the
> 'dns' test with one run as a script on clients.

You can, as long as you don't have "dns" test defined in the hosts.cfg.
Without that definition, you won't have Xymon reporting any data into a
"dns" status for that host; but there is nothing barring another script
from reporting data and calling it "dns".

You might have a broken graph, unless your script puts a "Seconds:
1.234" line at the bottom of the status message, since the Xymon graph
module will expect "dns" data to be in the normal network-test format.
If that bothers you, then remove "dns" from the TEST2RRD and GRAPHS
settings in xymonserver.cfg and restart Xymon.