[Xymon] Master slave config question

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 2 13:49:48 CEST 2012

On Tue, 1 May 2012 08:07:59 -0400 (EDT), Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com>
wrote:

> [distribute module]
> Is there a way to have acknowledgments also sent to the slave?

I wanted it to, but it doesn't do that currently.

The reason is that in order to send an "ack" message you need to pin-code.
These pin-code are generated indeendently by each Xymon server, so a
xymond_distribute module on server A doesn't know what the pin-code is for
an alert on server B. (It could fetch the Xymon board to find out). So
xymond_distribute cannot generate an ack that will be accepted by the peer
server.

Poor excuse, I know, and it should be fixed. But now you know why it
doesn't do that.