[Xymon] poll period missed assign yellow

Stephen Flanagan sflanagan at xand.com
Fri Mar 23 22:00:21 CET 2012

I have been trying to google as well as searching the mailing list on
how to do this and I am having trouble finding a suitable answer short
of writing my own ping script.

I have a bunch of gear that my clients have access to and reboot/work
on. It is getting to the point where alerts are going off all day long
due to these "false positives." I have tried to configure wait times in
hobbit-alerts.cfg however, different machines and different OSes boot at
different speeds.

I would like to be able to have it so that when a piece of gear misses a
poll, it goes yellow if it misses three then go red.

Thanks so much for the help.

Stephen