[Xymon] xymon local client not working

F.Reenders at utwente.nl F.Reenders at utwente.nl
Fri Mar 23 16:35:19 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to get the xymon 4.3.7 version to compile a local client by running: configure.client
I answer client to the question server or client.
After all the other answers I run: make -s (like suggested).
Then I get this:

/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/xymond/xymond_worker.c:80: undefined reference to `locator_serverup'
xymond_worker.o: In function `net_worker_run':
/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/xymond/xymond_worker.c:292: undefined reference to `locator_init'
/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/xymond/xymond_worker.c:298: undefined reference to `locator_register_server'
/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/xymond/xymond_worker.c:317: undefined reference to `locator_serverdown'
/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/xymond/xymond_worker.c:312: undefined reference to `locator_serverdown'
../lib/xymonclient.a(timefunc-client.o): In function `gettimer':
/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/lib/timefunc.c:55: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
../lib/xymonclient.a(timefunc-client.o): In function `getntimer':
/home/root/xymon-4.3.7/lib/timefunc.c:67: undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../client/xymond_client] Error 1
make: *** [xymond-client] Error 2

I found on the internet somewhere that I have to set this variable: export LIBRTDEF=-lrt
Then add locator.o at the end of the var: CLIENTLIBOBJS in the lib/Makefile

When I compile, install and run the client it runs but never sends any data to the server. It does run okay for the rest.
When I start the bin/xymoncmd  and then bin/xymonclient.sh by hand it sends the status to the server.

When I compile the whole package(server and client) in SERVER config mode it's work fine. So only not in the local client config.

Also found out the version 4.2.3 and older work okay with the local client config. After this version the compile problems began an the local client doesn't work anymore.

I'm running CentOS 6.2 x64 and installed all dependencies (pcre, pcre-devel, openssl, openssl-devel, openldap, openldap-devel, rrdtool, rrdtool-devel, gcc, make).

It's not an option to compile the server client and then change the settings to local because the xymond_client is not compiled then.

Is the local client config suppose to work in the latest version?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong so any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Frederik Reenders