[Xymon] test for existence of directory on Windows

Carl Inglis Carl.Inglis at rakon.com
Wed Mar 21 11:57:50 CET 2012

Personally I have a hidden share for the directory (san_flag$) and use the shares test script that I found on  DeadCat - http://communities.quest.com/docs/DOC-6259. That way if the directory has gone awol, then the test fails and I get the appropriate warning.

Not sure if that would work for you, since you have users interacting with the directory; although it might make them think twice before deleting or moving the directory if they get a warning that the directory is shared. :)

Regards,

Carl

[Rakon Logo]

Carl Inglis
Systems Administrator

Rakon UK Limited
Dowsett House, Sadler Road, Lincoln LN6 3RS, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1522 812630 | Fax:+44 (0) 1522 812664 | Mob: +44 (0) 7786 552915
Carl.Inglis at rakon.com | www.rakon.com

[Winner of the NZ Hi-Tech Awards 2011 - Hi-Tech Company of the Decade]
Winner of the 2010 Lincolnshire Business of the Year Award

This message together with any attachments contains confidential information and may be
subject to privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you may not distribute it in any
way, you must notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of the message along
with its attachments.