[Xymon] Uptime column in Linux [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dennis W dennisw at agd.gov.au
Tue Mar 13 06:19:49 CET 2012

UNCLASSIFIED//
Hi,

Im using XYMON to monitor both Linux and Windows machines. I have the service working as desired with the exception of the uptime column.

The Windows machines report a "system uptime performance counter query failed" within the uptime page and the Linux boxes does not provide an update page at all. I am aware that uptime is reported in the "cpu" page, however it would be nice to report it in the update page (link Windows) for consistency.

Firstly does anyone know how to resolve the "system uptime performance counter query failed" issue on the Windows boxes.

Secondly does anyone know how I can get a working update page (equivalent to that in Windows) on my Linux boxes?

Thanks for your help

DennisW

UNCLASSIFIED//

If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. If this e-mail or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the e-mail or attachments.