[Xymon] upgrade to new server

Tom Kauffman tommyk66 at newsguy.com
Tue Jun 26 23:09:32 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 04:45:17 PM Dugan, Darin D [EIT] wrote:
> I used the example in
> http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2011-September/032466.html when I did a
> similar migration several months ago.
>
> Cheers.

That's the fundamentals. I automated the process to the point that I would
invoke the script once for each major subdirectory under the host - and it did
the dump, scp, and remote execution for each rrd. I had, IIRC, about 100 hosts
at the time. I forget how long it took - relates to the size and number of rrd
files anyway - but I had both servers running at the time and any given rrd
file dropped at most one entry. in the dump/copy/reload.

Tom