[Xymon] Include user ID in PROC search string

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:52:45 CEST 2012

I think "PROC" only matches on the "CMD" column, which would be why you
can't add in the username.

Recently I needed to check that a given process was only running on *one*
out of a set systems.  I wrote that up as an external script on the Xymon
server itself.  As the xymon user, try this:

     xymon localhost "xymondlog server.domain.com.procs"

to get the process list reported by that server.  You could then do
whatever pattern match you require and send a status message based on that.

Ralph Mitchell