[Xymon] why do you use xymon?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 05:40:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Jamison Maxwell
<jamison at newasterisk.com>wrote:

> >> Would any of you mind telling me why you use xymon?
>
> 8.      clientless monitoring is possible (albeit limited, but you can
> still make sure your website is up!)

Actually, it should be possible to cat (most of) the xymon client script
through ssh to a client system and feed the resulting client output to
xymon.  The *only* thing you need on the client side is a userid with ssh
keys from the xymon server.  I haven't actually tried that with xymon, but
it definitely worked with Big Brother back in the day.

Ralph Mitchell