[Xymon] why do you use xymon?

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Wed Jun 13 04:54:58 CEST 2012

> From: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Sean MacGuire [sean at maclawran.ca]
> If you need it, I'm sure even the original author of Big Brother could provide it.
> Sean MacGuire

That's a pretty good reason right there!  I'm not sure how many will pick up on that  :)

Folks that depend on vendor support for tool xyz often find themselves at the mercy of said vendor when shtf.  I can offer several reasons why I've used BB->Hobbit->XyMon for over the past ~15 years but it sounds like your co-worker has already made the decision to use some other product.

I think I'll make some popcorn and ponder this for some time.....