[Xymon] why do you use xymon?

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizon.com
Wed Jun 13 03:01:54 CEST 2012

1)      Because we are a support group and we have no money

2)      Easy to configure external scripts custom scripts to monitor our applications, networks and operating systems, Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP, OpenVMS (Old BB client)

3)      Light weight, runs on 2 old PCs, slimline desktop PC's, that are a thousand years old but can run Xymon

4)      Because it's opensource easy to use freeware that we can afford

If we needed to buy support or a consultant to install it.  It would not be the tool for us.  We want something free, fast, easy to install and quick to customize, in other words Xymon.

~David