[Xymon] analysis.cfg config issues

Rolf Brusletto rbrusletto at glptrading.com
Tue Jun 12 20:56:12 CEST 2012

I *thought* I'd used this type of setup in the past, but it doesn't seem
to be working in the current setup as follows:

HOST=somehost
         LOAD 4.0 6.0 TIME=W:0730:1630
         MEMACT 50 60 TIME=W:0730:1630
         LOAD 10.0 12.0
         MEMACT 80 90

DEFAULT
         # These are the built-in defaults.
         UP      20m
         LOAD    1.0 2.0
         MEMACT  90 97

Currently, I'm getting warning(yellow) alerts for what seems to be
anything over a load of 5, which in the documentation seems like the
default, when nothing is specified. Clearly the load is defined in the
default(which IS at the end of the analysis.cfg). We expect the load to
be lower than 4 during week work hours, and higher in the evening/night
due to a large amount of load processing. Is there something simple I'm
missing here, or is it simply the way the times are configured?

--
Thanks!

Rolf Brusletto
Senior Network And Systems Admin