[Xymon] red alert page

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jun 8 07:30:50 CEST 2012

David

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Raymond, David <
David.Raymond at ca.ebarrette.com> wrote:

> Hi all,****
>
> ** **
>
> I copy the nongreen.sh to redonly.sh, then I remove only the yellow for
> only get red alert.****
>
> If I go to url http://myserver/xymon-cgi/redonly.sh it work great but not
> in html.

If you go to http://myserver/xymon-cgi/nongreen.sh you also get an
unformatted version.  Actually, (for me) they're both HTML, but neither
have CSS styles applied, so they look bland.  But both should look similar.

> I had in xymonmenu.cfg the same string as nongreen.html to get the
> “redonly.html”****
>
> But the system do not make one. What do I need to get it work ?

The nongreen.html file is periodically created by xymongen, and its
filename is hard-coded and can't be changed.  You can only change the
extension from .html by modifying XYMONNONGREENEXT.

As far as I can tell, the script nongreen.sh is never used, but is made
available just in case you wanted to integrate the output into something
else (such as an email).  It does not create nongreen.html.  It may be a
hang-over from BigBrother.

If you want to create such a webpage, you can probably add a line to
xymonlaunch.cfg to run redonly.sh and send its output to redonly.html.  But
you'll only get the raw table with no style and no menus.  You'd have to do
some other stuff to get it to look integrated into Xymon.