[Xymon] Having some issues getting email alerts to come

Don Kuhlman Don.Kuhlman at schawk.com
Fri Jun 1 19:25:24 CEST 2012

Hi folks. It's been quiet on the list so I thought I would start a new thread ;)  I've been googling this and trying to get it to work from the man pages the last few days.

I started to try and clean up alerting and emails in our environment from xymon.

I just want to get email alerts for CPU, Mem, and Disk from any host we have and send it to a single email group, but am not getting any emails even though the hosts are showing red alerts on the xymon web pages.

Here is what I put in analysis.cfg

host=* TIME:W:0800:1600

#Setting for this rule is the value to watch LOAD PROC CPU DISK etc
        DISK * 90 95 GROUP=SRMINFRA
        LOAD 8.0 12.0 GROUP=SRMINFRA
        PROC cron GROUP=SRMINFRA

DEFAULT
        # These are the built-in defaults.
        UP 1h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0 GROUP=SRMINFRA
        DISK    * 90 95 GROUP=SRMINFRA
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97

Here is what I put in alerts.cfg
#Macro definition
$SRMINFRA=SCRIPT /home/xymon/server/ext/html_mail.pl srm_infrastructure at domain.com FORMAT=TEXT

#Rule and Recipient for all host cpu disk mem proc alerts
SERVICE=cpu,disk,mem,proc TIME=W:0800:1600 RECOVERED
$SRMINFRA

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

Don K