[Xymon] Devmon graphs on status pages

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jul 20 04:00:20 CEST 2012

I use devmon to fetch and graph temperature data into RRD files, and to
report the status in the "temp" column/status page.  In order to capture
the data, TEST2RRD includes "temp=devmon", and the graph is displayed on
the trends page, as expected.

However I want the graph to display on the "temp" status page, and having
"temp=devmon" isn't sufficient for the graph to display on the status page.
 Instead, I need to have just "temp" in TEST2RRD (without the "=devmon"
part).

This seems to work just fine.  Not only do the graphs now appear in the
"temp" status page, but I also appear to be getting updated data into the
RRD files and shown on the graphs, and I can't find any ill effects of this
change.

So my question is, what does the "=devmon" do, and why is it required?