[Xymon] Hand editing config files

Ulric Eriksson ulric at siag.nu
Fri Jul 13 22:27:33 CEST 2012

White, Bruce skrev 2012-07-13 17:41:
> How can you say that.  Is the DB being used been ported already to O/S's which do not yet exist?

I can say that because the host(s) running Xymon can send and receive
text over tcp, and any computer that can do that can also communicate
with a database either directly or (preferrably) through an abstraction
library such as this one I wrote many years ago:

http://freecode.com/projects/libsdb

(There are others, I only picked that one because I know it allows any
aplication to get database connectivity with very little effort.)

There is no benefit to running the database on the same host as Xymon,
for several obvious reasons.

Ulric