[Xymon] MAXMSG_* not working correctly?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 13 08:30:20 CEST 2012

On 10-07-2012 21:50, Clark, Sean wrote:

> I have a test that is currently being truncated – it's about 400k in size
>
> I tried setting this:
>
> MAXMSG_STATUS="4096"
> MAXMSG_STACHG="4096"

These two should be enough. NB: You must restart Xymon for this to take
effect!

You can verify it with the "ipcs -m" command (must be run as the "xymon"
user).

> -bash-3.2$ ./xymon localhost "xymondlog hostname.testname" >
> /var/tmp/testname.this
> -bash-3.2$ ls -lh /var/tmp/testname.this
> -rw-r--r-- 1 xymon xymon 391K Jul 10 15:47 /var/tmp/testname.this

Do you get any messages logged in the xymond.log file about messages
being truncated ? If not, then the truncate happens on the sending side.