[Xymon] Items per graph settings

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 00:43:27 CEST 2012

It is configurable.
In the GRAPHS= in xymonserver, you have definition for your graph.
It should look something like
GRAPHS="..,mygraph,..."
Change that to
GRAPHS="..,mygraph::4,.."
(Or at least I think it was there. I don't have my setup in front of me)
Check on xymonton. One of the scripts I contributed - I think iostat - has
this set.

Experiment with different values, until you find one that looks good.
Normally 4 to 6 lines per graph looks good.
Less looks lonely, more gets a little busy

Cheers

On 6 July 2012 04:00, Jacob Paul Jordan <paul at shadowsoft.com> wrote:

> Why do some graphs such as disk drive space have only 4 entries per graph
> while others like temperature lump all entries into one graph?
> I have machines with 10 or 15 drives and they graph with only 4 disks per
> graph.  But I have devices with temperature and all 14 are lumped on one
> graph (very hard to read).
> Thanks Paul Jordan

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton