[Xymon] how to add a specific http timeout

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jan 31 09:55:49 CET 2012

On 31-01-2012 09:25, Nicolas LIENARD wrote:
> Currently, xymonnet is running with a global timeout of 20 seconds
> (--timeout=20).
>
> For a particular device, i need to increase the HTTP timeout (120
> seconds.. sic).
>
> I did't find anything regarding this kind of feature. only a old mail of
> 2006 saying it's not possible.
> (http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2006-August/009042.html).
>
> Is it still not possible to override this timeout individually ?

No, this will be possible in the next release - but not in 4.3.x.

What you can do is to use the "NET:foo" definition on this particular
host in hosts.cfg to have it tested by a special instance of the
xymonnet task:

1) Add the "--test-untagged" option to your current xymonnet command in
tasks.cfg

2) Add "NET:slowtests" to this particular host in hosts.cfg

3) In a script, set XYMONNETWORK="slowtests" (remember to export it!)
and then run the xymonnet command to do the test of this one host, with
the different --timeout option

4) Add a new section to tasks.cfg to run the test script.