[Xymon] Monitoring MQ

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 13 22:51:10 CET 2012

On 13-01-2012 16:26, Neil Simmonds wrote:
> We are already monitoring MQ Queues and MQ Channels but would like to
> know if it is possible to monitor MQ Listener status by adding it to the
> standard mq.sh script?

You can add it to the script, but it will need some extra code in the
analysis-module (part of xymond_client) to recognize and act on this data.

I am not at all familiar with the various MQ components; what is a
listener, and how do you check if it's running ? If it is a network
service (like the Oracle TNS listener), couldn't you just use a normal
network test ?