[Xymon] is a bug or how to; LA on CMT (Sparc) hardware.

Randall Badilla rbadillarx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 22:15:44 CET 2012

Dear people:
I'm facing a kind off weird issue with xymon 4.2.3,
on T-series (Coolthread Machines) the Load Average can reach higher values
of 1000 and the culprit value (where at this point the machine still works
but refuses connections from any protocol at nic) is 2000. So I want to
reflect that on  load parameter at hobbit-clients.cfg file.
Right now I have modified
DEFAULT
    # These are the built-in defaults.
    UP      1h
    LOAD    5.0 10.0
    LOAD    1000 1450 HOST=server1,server2,server3 (<---- for CMT Sparc
hardware)

After 30 min; a CMT is alerted (red face) with load=108.45.
So my question is can I setup a LA on hobbit-clients.cfg above 100? Do I
miss how to do it or is a bug/limitation on Xymon 4.2.3???

--
----
*Randall E. Badilla Castro.*