[Xymon] Sending statusupdates to xymon using databasetriggers

Ulric Eriksson ulric at siag.nu
Fri Jan 13 19:50:40 CET 2012

Eenkhoorn, (Klaas) skrev 2012-01-12 11:40:

> Dear All,
>
> Is it possible to use databasetriggers and storedprocedures for
> sending statusupdates to xymon ?
>
> Example:
>
> Our DBA uses a database with status messages of his databases.
> Is it possible as soon as a record gets added to this message table a
> storedprocedure starts and forwards this message to xymon ?

Sure, but that is probably not necessary or even a good idea. Triggers
rarely are. Just write an ext script that reads the table and sends any
new messages to Xymon.

The only case I can think of that would justify use of a trigger is if
you want to avoid the delay between the time that the record is added
and the script picks it up. Then you can simply let the trigger call the
ext script.

Ulric