[Xymon] export usage reports for management

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 22:10:51 CET 2012

Thanks again. I did get it to work. However, there must be something hard
coded in the source looking for hosts.cfg because even with the environment
variables set as below, we were getting errors in the hobbitd column for
our 4.2.3 server saying "hosts.cfg not found".  We were unable to find the
string in the source so I can't tell you where it is coming from.

We put a symlink in the server/etc directory so hosts.cfg points to
bb-hosts and that eliminated that problem.

Thanks,
Steve

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> On 11-01-2012 18:17, Steve Holmes wrote:
>
>> Excellent! Thanks. One more reason to upgrade.
>>

> It actually has very few 4.3-dependencies - I think you could run it on a
> 4.2.x setup if you just do
>   HOSTSCFG=$BBHOSTS
>   XYMONRRDS=$BBRRDS
>   export HOSTSCFG XYMONRRDS
> before running perfdata.cgi ...
>

> Regards,
> Henrik

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way. -Juan Ramon Jimenez,
poet, Nobel Prize in literature (1881-1958)

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
(1869-1948)