[Xymon] dropping a test

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 6 08:49:55 CET 2012

On 06-01-2012 06:31, bb4 at richter-it.net wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
> I currently have the problem that someone created a test for a Windows
> client that he now wants to have dropped.
>
> But the testname is not only 'test' but
> 'd:\\cygwin\\home\\USER\\monitor\\test' and XYmon refuses to drop this
> test.
>
> I also tried to escape the backslashes and the colon with no luck.
>
> Any ideas how I can get rid of this mess.

Indeed - I just tried this, and it won't drop the test. I'll have to
look into that.

Meanwhile, I can think of two solutions:

1) Drop the host, that will remove all of the tests. It will also remove
the history-logs and RRD files, so you might want to save them first and
then copy them back in (it's ok to just rename the files and directories
in hist / histlogs / rrd and then rename them back).

2) Shutdown Xymon, edit the tmp/xymond.chk file (it's a text file) and
delete the line with this status.