[Xymon] debbuging DOWNTIME

kconnell at ryerson.ca kconnell at ryerson.ca
Wed Feb 29 14:22:09 CET 2012

I still investigating this, so I'm not entirely sure if its a bug or just me, but....

I too had a hard time getting the DOWNTIME tag to work (adding it to already existing hosts).

I finally got it working by deleting the host entry out of the hosts.cfg file, deleting history, then re-adding the host with the DOWNTIME tag and it was all good.

Ken Connell
Intermediate Network Engineer
Computer & Communication Services
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St
RM AB50
Toronto, Ont
M5B 2K3
416-979-5000 x6709

how can I know witch host config line is wrong when I got this in the logs ?

Latest error messages:
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Invalid timespec - expected 4 digits, got: 'maintenance'
Invalid timespec - expected 4 digits, got: 'maintenance'
Invalid timespec - expected 4 digits, got: 'maintenance'
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Invalid timespec - expected 4 digits, got: 'maintenance'
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Invalid timespec - expected 4 digits, got: 'maintenance'
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0
Bad timespec (missing colon or wrong weekdays): 0

thx for your help

oau