[Xymon] Dashes preferred

David Welker dewelker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 13:45:32 CET 2012

Yes, Larry, that's what I'm finding.  What I was hoping is that someone
would know of a way (either via a configuration item, variable setting, or
whatever) to get these to display regardless - like they use to in older
versions.

For example, if I have a client by itself several pages down in a hierarchy
(for proper segregation) and it doesn't show up initially, there's no way
to know when or if it starts reporting - short of it eventually showing up
on the "bad page" (which might be days later), unless I continually check
for it manually.  And what if it is due to a firewall, but I forgot I put
it there (this is supposed to handle thousands of servers, I'm told)?  I
might never remember to follow up on getting the firewall fixed!

Does anyone know of a possible setting/solution, other than what was
already suggested?

Thanks,