[Xymon] Xymon Monitor for Vmware ESXi

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:37:26 CET 2012

I've got the scripts up and running on my install, took a fair bit of
tweaking as the scripts had quite a few items that were hardcoded:

* Had to add "$ENV{PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME} = 0;" to stop LWP trying
to validate the self-signed cert
* Had to remove the sudo command, it doesn't run without a TTY and not sure
why this is in there as resxtop doesn't need to be root to run
* Corrected the BB commands to use the $HOST variable instead of the
hardcoded 'hobbit' servername
* Had to convert the line endings to Unix - thats probably caused by using
rar format? use tar.gz instead (rar is only ever really used for sharing
illegal files)

It seems to work OK as a starting basis, abit too much hardcoded for my
liking but each to their own.

Nice effort :)