[Xymon] Blog entry about Big Brother

Sean MacGuire sean at maclawran.ca
Tue Feb 7 07:21:43 CET 2012

Bill Richardson wrote:
> Sean,
>
> Great to see you on the list! I have also been using Big Brother from the beginning added bbgen then migrated to Hobbit and now Xymon. Added Big Brother monitoring as a tool of choice to several past and present jobs that I have had over the years. I remember a time when your thoughts helped me push support for using Big Brother while I was in the Air Force (this was before Quest). Great times!   The Big Brother "Keep it Simple" approach has been well maintained in Xymon thanks to Hendrik and you for setting up a great foundation to grow on. Thank you!
>
> Good luck in the future and hope to see you get involved with Xymon.
>
> BTW your resume at http://root.sh is a hoot. It will make for a good cover letter :)

The HR drone will freak out over http://root.sh, might take 'em
a while to hit the button.

It's been great to hear such nice things from everyone and glad
I've had a chance to mention some of the stuff I couldn't for a
while.

And it would be cool to (finally) meet Henrik, down here in FL!
Sean MacGuire                                 sean at maclawran.ca

Key West                                        +1 305 390 0888
The best way to predict the future is to invent it. -  Alan Kay