[Xymon] XyMon msg metric - how to check log entries only since last check?

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Wed Feb 1 15:26:11 CET 2012

Is it possible to setup xymon to check log-file (msg metric) only for
new entries since last check (or 5 min)?
For now I see it is only possible to specify how much data in log-file
xymon will parse.
But, depending on activities it can be big or small - so the same bad
entry can be reported for 2 or more check intervals and some (when quite
much activities in log-file) can be missed.

Really I do not realise how it can be implemented w/o writing timestamp
tags to that log-file,
but may be You know some secret?

--
Best regards,